Making Music in Mercatello
WHEN: 12th June 2019
WHERE: Mercatello sul Metauro and Florence, Italy
COST: Early Bird (AUD) $4150 +€200 till 1st Dec. 2018 Full price $4400 + €200 Book Now
A sensational mix of singing and culture
Have you ever dreamt of Singing in a Palace? Not in your wildest dream? Well that is what we are offering plus a lot more.
This 12 day event starts out in Florence and then we head to a little village in of Mercatello sul Metauro.
- Singing with Tony Backhouse and local Italian directors, Edoardo Materassi & Guerrino Parri
- Visits to local choirs in both Florence and Mercatello sul Metauro
- Tour to Urbania and Urbino and one of the 12 great wonders of the world - Palazzo Ducale
- Staying in comfortable centrally located accommodation in Florence
- Staying in Palazzo Donati and villas in the medieval village of Mercatello sul Metauro
- Eat delicious local food and have a feast prepared by 9 men in a village loved by celebrity chefs worldwide
- Make new friends from around the world with a shared love of community and singing
"Good food, good song, good wine with new and old friends in Italy." -
12th -15th June, Florence
3 nights - Staying in a comfortable Monastery in a great location in central Florence.
- Daily singing sessions with Tony Backhouse
- Visiting local director, Edoardo Materrassi and listening and singing with his choir
- Listen to vespers and gregorian chanting in Florence's Church of San Miniato
- Optional cooking class
- Time to explore and shop in this stunning city
Our accommodation is close to the centre of the city and ideally located for our stay. It is in close vicinity to –
- our local director and his choir
- Sant'Ambrogio markets
- Santa Croce
- the Duomo
- shops and galleries
Travelling to the foothills of the Appenine Mountains via the city of Arezzo (picture of Arezzo below).
15th - 22nd June, Mercatello sul Metauro
Departing Florence in the morning and travelling through Tuscany and into the Urbino/Pesaro district before arriving in our little village of Mercatello sul Metauro.
Our accommodation is in Palazzo Donati and beautiful apartments in villas next door and close by in the village.
This small village has –
- beautiful and historic places of interest
- a generous and wonderful open hearted community that will be happy to talk with you regardless of language barriers
- a couple of great choirs
- places to enjoy food, coffee and 'apertivo' around the piazza
- enchanting cobblestone alleys
- delicious food
"Tony was in top form and the joy of having Edoardo and his Italian and world music song selection was a great bonus." - Alan Hewson, SIS 2017
22nd - 24th June, Florence
Departing Mercatello sul Metauro in the morning and travelling back to Florence where will stay another 2 nights before leaving.
*Pre arrival payment.
Based on Exchange rate at May 2018. Grab the Early Bird rate !
|AUD - 12 days Early Bird||AUD - 12 days Full Rate from 1st December, 2018|
|Early Bird $4150||Early Bird $4400|
|Plus Cash to be paid on arrival €200||Plus Cash to be paid on arrival €200|
|**Single supplement $900
||**Single supplement $ 900|
20% of full pre-arrival cost is payable at time of booking to secure your place. The pre-arrival balance is required to be paid in full no later than 60 days prior to the event start date. You can have the option to pay off this event via instalments.
Additional cash payment on arrival to our group leader of €200 (equals approx. $AUD 320 at time of publishing)
Single supplement. The Create Escape does not require single travellers to pay a surcharge for travelling alone. We will arrange for you to share accommodation with another traveller of the same gender. If you would like a guarantee of a single room a single supplement is payable but note that our accommodation in Hagi has limited single occupancy available.
" Rich and deeply restorative, fun and inspiring."- Shelley Kenigsberg
" A beautiful week full of rich experiences. In the most magical location!
Both directors were fun and inspiring and it was lovely to have the new dynamic of Edoardo's teaching to balance with Tony's. A week is a long time to be singing with one director, so I thought it was a great idea to share it between two.."- Maegan Young
Palazzo Donati plus quaint apartments in the medieval village of Mercatello sul Metauro.
Guerrino Parri directs his local choir and group of ethnic singers and musicians in Museum of San Francesco di Mercatello sul Metauro.
4 nights in Florence
7 nights in Palazzo Donati, Mercatello sul Metuaro
All workshops with Tony Backhouse and local directors
All road transport
3 lunches (or dinners)
1 banquet dinner with the Academia del Padlot
Click on the link below and fill in the form.
This event requires a 20% deposit of full price at time of booking to secure your place at the event.
Subsequent payments can also be made in instalments.
Payment can be made via credit card in Australian dollars or via Direct Debit in either AUD or NZD.